Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A Pop of Purple will brighten you right up









Top - Banana Republic, Skirt - J.Crew (on sale right now), Jacket - Kate Spade, Shoes - Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti (old), Bag - Rachel Rachel Roy (old), Bracelets - Cache, Ann Taylor, Ring - Forever 21 and my own, Watch - Chanel, Necklaces - Tiffany & Co.

Nails - Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Frutti Patooti, Lips - Urban Decay Super Saturated high gloss - Crush

Photography: Manish Jindal


Happy Wednesday Everyone! Hope everyone's week is off to a good start. I have had a particularly exciting week since I kicked off this blog on Sunday and I am warmed by the positive response to the first story Summer - At first blush. Its been a thrill watching the traffic on the blog build gradually and I want to thank each and everyone who came and visited my blog and sent me all their best.
Today's story was interesting as even though I love color, its a subtle balance to make an impact without going too far when incorporating a strong color in your outfit. Figures out textured neutrals like lace or try sequined or beaded tops too and neutral prints like the zebra-ish print of this gorgeous Kate Spade jacket do a perfect balancing act adding a dose of city chic to the outfit.
Have a great rest of the week and I will be back with more inspiration soon.

XO
D

4 comments:

  1. Hey Devyani!
    As they say dressing well is an art because it is a medium of expression especially of one’s personality and attitude.It's an art you have mastered!!! I absolutely LOVE your style!!! Way to go girl!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sai, you have the sweetest way with words and you my super dupper sweetheart!

      Delete
  2. cute!!!

    http://glamourgirl-bg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking so gorgeous in this outfit. This short is very stylish. Lovely jacket, The other accessories are also fine. So stylish look. Beautiful, looking so hot . Ladies denim shirt is also fashionable, you can try.

    ReplyDelete